"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

vrijdag 12 september 2014

Having the right attitude

The other night I was laying in bed, in my pajamas. Someone came to our door, knock knock. A lady needed to go to hospital. What for, I ask? Stomach ache. It took all my training in casualty and motherhood to keep my face straight. I explained at length, that in general it is not necessary to go to hospital for STOMACHE ACHE! I asked every question I could think of, but there were no other symptoms. The guy listened and then asked if we could now go to hospital. ARGH. My attitude was terrible. I eventually asked, if I should come see her. Yes, please.

So off I went in the dark. I took a picture of the bridge I had to cross in the dark.


 All the while I was praying: Lord, please I need Your heart for these people, not mine. Mine is slightly irritated. Then I walked into the hut. The entire place was covered with blood. The woman was in immense pain. My irritation fled as quickly as it came. Again I asked every question, but it was like running into a wall. Eventually I said, well, obviously this is not stomache ache, and she needs to get to a hospital. It probably was a miscarriage, but she would/could not admit she was pregnant. Why? I don't know, but I'll leave it to the One with the Right Attitude, an attitude of Love.

It taught me again: don't listen with your i'm-tired-and-want-to-sleep ears, listen with the Spirit that God has placed within you.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten