"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

woensdag 30 maart 2016

Beekeeping

A bee is not just a bee, after all. I went on the beekeeping course, 8-10 March. It took me until now to collect some pictures so you can also have a look. It was absolutely amazing!

I kept tearing up with the miracle of God's creation, but I was very alone in my emotions. With a stick I could feel that I was the only one attributing these wonderful truths about the ways bees work together (up to 60000 of them), how they communicate, how they adapt, how they produce so much to the God that created them. To most others it was blamed on nature- a coincidence...

I learned so much in these three days about bees' place in the ecosystems we live in. They are a link in making it all work. A week after the course, we had a swarm come through the house- and for the first time I was calm, because I knew they were not here to harm, but because they are looking for a place to stay.

For the next while I have two aims: to observe (like the beekeepers who know what they are doing) all bee activity and flower activity, and to plan how we can best live together in a beneficial relationship. Our aim is still to share this knowledge with our brothers and sisters in the local churches to benefit their communities, but we need to bring it down to an affordable exercise. A challenge.... lovely.

 Back to school- yes, I'm the lady with the baby.
Suitably dressed, I'm the short one (now there's a surprise)
And we passed!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten