"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

dinsdag 30 augustus 2016

An old story: Isabel's last episode

This is old news, I'm working on new news. But for being complete, I just wanted to add this old news.
I have been home since last week. Last night was the first time since end of April that we were together alone at home. Good to appreciate one another!

Isabel recovered well after the surgery/operation. They were so careful to not overload her system, that they had her not eating for 6 days post-surgery. She surprised them all with the amount she could down when they finally allowed me to give her something to eat. The immediate results of the surgery was: 1. considerably less regurgitation, though there is still some. Which means she will keep more food in to grow. 2. Her bowels in general work much more reliably;) 3. The life threatening danger of a volvulus has been removed.

I have learned so much through this time, but maybe I should just mention one. Wait upon the Lord, means WAIT. I tried to bash open the doors to get travel documents for Isabel. But God knew exactly when I needed to have them. In this way He assured I was there until the correct diagnosis was made. Waiting goes with trust, that He knows best. Waiting brings peace. Waiting with peace and trust gives strength. My strength was completely spent by the end, simply because I did not always wait in peace. What a faithful Father we serve.

So, for the next episode, we have to wait. We will have to see how much this will influence Isabel's development. But we will do so with Trust and Peace.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten