"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

maandag 7 juni 2021

Sing, praise

 

Psalm 57:9-10
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the people's.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

We recently made an inter-continental move. So, we are finding ourselves among the nations and the peoples of the world. Just earlier in that psalm David writes about God as the one 'who fulfills his purposes for me.'

So, what is our purpose as we live among the nation's and the peoples of this world? Because as children of God we have become aliens even when we are in our country of birth.

Verse 5: Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let your GLORY be over the earth.

And if we live to God's glory, wherever we are (far from family, away at University, working in a very worldly enviroment), we can make this amazing declaration:

Verse 7: My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten