"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

donderdag 2 september 2021

A covenant

 


I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices.
(Ezekiel 36:25-31)

This is a longer piece than I would normally quote, but it is one contract, one covenant, so it belongs together. God is coming with such an amazing offer, not at all anything that He is gaining from.

- He wants to clean our messiness, our past, our sin. Clean us up. White as snow.
- He wants to give us a new heart, take away the hard, selfish one and replace it with a heart that can feel love and give love. A heart that can live passionately.
- He want to replace our spirit with one that is not all about what I can get but with a spirit that is sensitive about what the right way is to take.
- He will make us alive, fully.
- He gives us a family to belong to.
- He provides our needs.
- No more disgrace.

All He asks in return is that we live to His glory, turning away from our evil ways. We serve a good God.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten