"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

donderdag 9 september 2021

Fullness of life

 


Greg Morse:
"What an even stranger and more awful sight to see a man, who claims to be remade in the image of Christ, pass his brief existence as little more than a sermon-hearer, note-taker, small group-attender. He too lives with little passion, little mission, little seriousness — just religious habits tucked neatly within a saltless life. How can we explain this?"

I think (me now), that part of the answer is that we miss the fullness of what God offers.

Psalm 59:15-17
"They wander about for food and howl if not satisfied.
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love;
For you are my fortress,
My refuge in times of trouble.
O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God."

If we assume our satisfaction lays in other things: food, entertainment, money, holiday, retirement, human approval, whatever else, we will find it a hollow cymbal compared to true satisfaction that is only to be found in God. From that truly being satisfied by God, flows passion that bursts forth for all to see. Are you howling or living?


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten