"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

donderdag 2 september 2021

Lost?

 

A regular image we find in the Bible, is that of a shepherd. There are quite a few places where earthly leaders are described as shepherds, and harshly criticized. But where earthly shepherds fail, our God succeeds as the Good Shepherd. One of these descriptions is found in Ezekiel 34.

Verse 10: I will rescue my flock from their mouths...
Verse 11: I will search for my sheep and look after them.
Verse 12: As a shepherd looks after His scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them...
Verse 13: I will bring them out... I will pasture them...
Verse 14: I will tend them in a good pasture...
Verse 15: I will tend my sheep and have them lie down
Verse 16: I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak...I will shepherd the flock with justice.

Just meditate on these verses, allowing God to sink them into the broken places. He has us save, we are not alone.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten