"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

zaterdag 12 oktober 2013

Impression 2: Just like everyone else

Rashelle is our social little girl. She is everyone's friend. She plays as much as possible- screaming, singing, drumming, in everything trying to be just like everyone else. She has yet to notice a difference between herself and any of her friends.

So early one day this week, she wanted to phone her grandmother on the phone, but she knows this costs money. So, she needed airtime. What do you do if you need airtime, you go to town, 17km away on rough roads. How do her friends get to town? By bicycle. So, she nicely came to ask if she could go to town to get airtime. Sure, thinking she was playing. She asked me for money. I thought, o well, let her play, there is change in the front of the car.

About 30 minutes later she appears next to me, completely distraught, crying her heart out. She had cycled part of the way to town, when a lady recognized her, and stopped her. Where are you going little girl? To Town to get airtime. But you can not go, it is too far. But my parents said it is fine. No, you can not go, it is too far, go home.

So, she obeyed. But she was sobbing: the aunty says it is too far!!!!! Well, yes, actually it is too far, Rashelle. But I need airtime....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten