"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15b)

zaterdag 12 oktober 2013

Impressions 3: Two worlds

Last week we visited the 'community church' in town, and realized that two worlds exists in our small town. The world of the people on bicycles, planting maize when the rains are present, singing as they fetch water early in the morning, greeting when they pass you.

And then there is the other world: the world of 4x4's, of air-conditioning, of good schools, of constant electricity and free water.

Both worlds are filled with great people, nice people, people who have needs.

We fit in both worlds and we fit nowhere. Our 4x4 throws dust on our neighbours mud hut.  It left me confused for a few days, who am I, and who do I need to be?

Phil 4:12-13- I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I need to follow God, not try to fit in to someone's mold or expectations. Our circumstances do not determine our joy.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten